- 25th meeting
- Local organizers: Local organizers: Joost Hartman, Urijan Poerink, Marc Neijts, Roy Keeris and Felix Bettonvil (KNVWS Meteor Section).
- 68 participants from 16 countries: Belgium (7), China (1), France (2), Germany (11), Ireland (1), Japan (2), the Netherlands (22), Poland (3), Romania (6), Russia (1), Serbia (1), Slovenia (1), U.K.(5), Ukraine (1), U.S.A. (2) and Venezuela (2).
- 35 presentations (29 lectures, 6 posters).
- IMC 2006 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-..-.): in preparation.
- Contents: Meteor trajectories and velocities - historical survey - IMO Working List of Meteor Showers - parent comets - meteor-stream models - meteor Orbit Workshop - Perseids 2006 - sporadic meteors - radio School - camera networks - radio observations - 25 IMCs historic overview.
- Participation fee 120 Euro.
The 25th version of the IMC, hosted in small and quiet accommodations, was
celebrated in conjunction with the 60th anniversary of the organizing NVWS
Meteor Section (for which the hosts offered a barbecue, their honorary
President's lecture, and some rounds of live rock music during the last
evening). This IMC was again preceeded by a Radio Meteor School and this time
also a Meteor Orbit Workshop. One remarkable highlight was the presentation of
video observing results and their implications for the IMO's Working List of
Meteor Showers. The excursion allowed the IMC participants to visit the
Westerbork Radio Telescopes and the LOFAR prototype station. A very moving
moment was a slide-show with information and images from all editions of the
IMCs. In the longest night in IMC history, the traditional Saturday evening
Astroshow became the Sunday morning Astroshow (with participants from 12
Acknowledgement: We thank Rainer Arlt, Adriana Nicolae, Jos, Nijland, Urska Pajer,
Urijan Poerink, Casper ter Kuile, Jérémie Vaubaillon and Jean-Marc Wislez for
the photographs of this 2006 IMC, and Felix Bettonvil, Joost Hartman and Roy
Keeris for their comments to these pages as IMC-organizers.
resolution versions can be obtained on request for most of the images in the