- 15th meeting
- Local organizers: Urijan Poerink, Marc Neijts, Felix Bettonvil and Annemieke Zwaans (KNVWS Meteor Section).
- 61 participants from 12 countries: Belgium (5), Bulgaria (2), Croatia (2), Germany (11), Japan (1), Malta (4), the Netherlands (19), Romania (3), Serbia (3), Slovakia (6), Slovenia (1) and U.K. (4).
- 25 presentations, all of which were included in the Proceedings.
- IMC 1996 Proceedings (ISBN 978-2-87355-008-0): 143 pages (eds. André Knöfel, Paul Roggemans).
- Contents: Perseids 1988-1996 - Leonid workshop - radiant simulation - suspected new radiants - meteor color index - meteor software - video observation and results - automatic meteor detection on video - forward scatter sensitivity - meteor burst communication - VLF detection.
- Participation fee 98 Euro.
The 1996 IMC was organized at the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the NVWS Meteor Section and was hosted in the youth hostel "De Grote Beer" which is named after the constellation "Great Bear or Ursa Major". Two founding members of the Dutch meteor group, Prof. Cees de Jager and Hugo van Woerden, presented invited papers. A festive program with a small orchestra, a string trio bringing styleful classical music, and perfect organization marked this IMC as a relaxed, informal event. The traditional excursion this time brought us to the royal palace "Het Loo" in Apeldoorn, a palace built in 1686 by William III and his wife Mary II of England, King and Queen of England. At this IMC video and radio observations got plenty of attention as well as the first experience of with the IMO website online.
Acknowledgement: We thank Urijan Poerink, Casper ter Kuile and Valentin Velkov for providing photographs, Felix Bettonvil, Joost Hartman and Urška Pajer for their comments for this overview of the 1996 IMC.
High resolution versions can be obtained on request for the images in the gallery.