As previous years, the IMO makes some of its limited funds available for meteor workers unable to attend the IMC 2010 without financial support. These funds are available thanks to gifts made to the IMO as part of the "Supporting membership" (see WGN 38-1 for a list of supporting members).
Application deadline: 11 June 2010
To apply for support, please follow this procedure:
- E-mail your application to IMO President Juergen Rendtel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the word 'Meteor' in the subject line to get round the anti-spam filters. IMO cannot be held responsible for applications which are lost or arrive late. The application must be submitted by an IMO member, but may also request support for other meteor workers. The proposal must state that all the candidates are committed to attend the IMC (except for unforeseen circumstances) if the support is granted in full.
- Complete the IMC Registration Form for everyone seeking support (unless already done before).
- Include a brief curriculum vitae of everyone seeking support, focusing on aspects relevant to meteor work. Supported participants are expected to present either a talk or a poster at the IMC. (Indicate and detail this on the Registration Form).
- The application must explain the motivation for participating in the IMC and the importance of this participation to the person or group of persons requesting support.
- Include a budget for travel costs and registration, and the amount of support requested. Other sources of external support, or their absence, must be mentioned. The proposal must indicate to what extent IMO support is essential to attend the IMC.
- The applications should reach the President no later than Friday, 2010 June 11. The decision of the IMO Council will be made as soon as possible, probably within two weeks after this deadline. If the support is granted in full, the registration becomes definitive. If the requested support is not granted, or only partially granted, the candidates should inform the President within three weeks after notification of the IMO Council's decision if they want to sustain or withdraw their registration. Most likely, the support will consist of waiving registration fees, which will be settled directly between the IMO and the Local Organizers. Any additional support, if granted, will be paid in cash at the IMC.
Should the application be turned down, the standard conference fee (without surcharge for a late registration) will still apply. We strongly encourage all meteor workers who want to attend the IMC 2010, but who are prevented from doing so by financial considerations, to apply for support.